Good Afternoon CFB Listserve,

I know many of you are excited about Jason Reynolds, the 7th National Ambassador for Young People's Literature, and are eager to host him in your home states. Please be aware the application window for his project is officially open-see the promotional text below.

Please keep in mind Jason Reynolds wears many hats and will travel the country on book tour and will give appearances outside of his Ambassadorship. I understand it can be confusing interpreting which events are officially sanctioned by the Library of Congress. Rest assured we are developing a full calendar of Reynolds' Ambassador events-the first step is receiving vetted, thoughtful applications. As we move ahead in our planning, we certainly call on the talented staff and deep expertise of the State Center network.

In the meantime, should anyone have questions about Reynolds or his platform, feel free to reach out to me, the project lead. Please use phone/email in the signature below. Go Jason!

[Jason Reynolds]

The Library of Congress' partner, Every Child a Reader, is currently accepting proposal submissions from libraries, schools, community centers, and organizations interested in hosting an event with Jason Reynolds, the 7th National Ambassador for Young People's Literature.

Reynolds will travel to rural/small underserved communities across the country during his two-year term to have meaningful discussions with young people. Through his platform, "GRAB THE MIC: Tell Your Story," he will connect with, listen to, and empower students to share their stories and start their journey as storytellers.

Organizations are encouraged to put together proposals that support and align with Reynolds' platform and the mission of the program.

To learn more about the National Ambassador for Young People's Literature program click here<https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJidWxsZXRpbl9saW5rX2lkIjoxMDEsInVyaSI6ImJwMjpjbGljayIsImJ1bGxldGluX2lkIjoiMjAyMDAzMDIuMTgwNTAxNjEiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vcmVhZC5nb3YvY2ZiL2FtYmFzc2Fkb3IvaW5kZXguaHRtbD9sb2Nscj1lYXBlIn0.7De45ffECdvAUElh49XDAQegVvO3uXac0eWag4Ngf5c/br/75581488155-l>. To learn more about Reynolds' tenure as Ambassador click here<https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJidWxsZXRpbl9saW5rX2lkIjoxMDIsInVyaSI6ImJwMjpjbGljayIsImJ1bGxldGluX2lkIjoiMjAyMDAzMDIuMTgwNTAxNjEiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2d1aWRlcy5sb2MuZ292L2phc29uLXJleW5vbGRzL2ludHJvZHVjdGlvbj9sb2Nscj1lYXBlIn0.VUJ1zk_rx2GOiyDTfjGLPW9HIvM890L_oNUAe3xQa08/br/75581488155-l>.

Submit your proposal here: https://everychildareader.net/ambassador/<https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJidWxsZXRpbl9saW5rX2lkIjoxMDMsInVyaSI6ImJwMjpjbGljayIsImJ1bGxldGluX2lkIjoiMjAyMDAzMDIuMTgwNTAxNjEiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2V2ZXJ5Y2hpbGRhcmVhZGVyLm5ldC9hbWJhc3NhZG9yLyJ9.LenxWacK7J4DSagtHEge_qT3kr07p6tntDnhF20v_LM/br/75581488155-l>.

Anya Creightney
Programs Manager

Poetry & Literature Center
Direct: (202) 707-2105