All—

Sometime this week, philanthropist, National Book Festival co-chair and interviewer extraordinaire David Rubenstein will interview author John Barry, who wrote “The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History” (2004). This interview will be a virtual addition to our National Book Festival Presents series, which we began but had to curtail for obvious reasons.  Here are the events we were able to hold in the series. We plan on continuing the series when the situation allows. https://www.loc.gov/programs/national-book-festival/videos/national-book-festival-presents-videos/

As you can see, this old best-seller is a new best-seller (out of stock on Amazon, but I see you can get it as a Kindle e-book and it’s free with an Audible trial subscription).

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Influenza-Deadliest-Pandemic-History-ebook/dp/B000OCXFWE/ref=sr_1_2?crid=27VX0VOKFUT7J&dchild=1&keywords=john+barry+1918+influenza&qid=1585581352&sprefix=%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-2

Here is an interview with John Barry that CNN’s Jake Tapper did on Friday:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/politics/interview-john-barry-great-influenza/index.html

We would love to hear what questions you may have of this author. If you are interested, could you please send me questions you would like to be asked by COB, tomorrow, Tuesday? I will compile them and get them to Mr. Rubenstein. I cannot say which questions David will use but I do know he is eager to get your questions. When replying, please put this in the subject of your email so that I don’t miss any of your submissions:

Questions for John Barry

You can reply to me only at [log in to unmask] or to the group. If you reply to the group, please change subject line to above.

You need not have read the book to participate.

Thanks,

Guy