GeoNames is something different than the GEOnet Names Server, in spite of the confusing email address for the latter.

I can almost never get into GNS through Cataloger’s Desktop.  In Chrome I get a screen that says “The webpage at https://geonames.nga.mil/namesgaz/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.”  In Firefox I get a blank screen.

John Hostage

Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger

Langdell Hall 194

Harvard Law School Library