Widely cross-posted.  Please excuse the duplication.

Beginning in April 2020, the National Library of Medicine (NLM) will make its cataloging records in CatfilePlus and Serfile available for download in MARCXML format. This will be in addition to the current distribution in MARC21 and NLMXML. We hope this will encourage wider use of our bibliographic data, as MARCXML is a format widely known and used throughout the library community.

On April 1 the base files for CatfilePlus and Serfile can be downloaded in MARCXML from https://www.nlm.nih.gov/databases/download/catalog.html and monthly update files will be available beginning May 1. The naming convention for these files will follow the existing pattern giving the name of the database, the posting date with a suffix of “.marcxml.xml”, e.g. catplus.20200501.marcxml.xml

NLM welcomes feedback on the availability of this new format.  Contact us at: https://support.nlm.nih.gov/?from=https://www.locatorplus.gov/

Diane Boehr

Head, Cataloging and Metadata Management Section

National Library of Medicine