From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Shorten, Jay
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 10:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Authorized access point for Japanese movie

I suspect no2019001447 Throne of blood (Motion picture : 1957) has the wrong authorized access point and want to get confirmation before I change it. As it is a Japanese-language movie, shouldn’t the authorized access point be its title in Japanese, namely “Kumonosu-jô (Motion picture : 1957)” ?

Jay Shorten
Cataloger, Monographs and Electronic Resources
Associate Professor of Bibliography
Description & Access Department
University Libraries
University of Oklahoma
Co-ordinator, Oklahoma (Tornado) NACO Funnel
Co-owner, PERSNAME-L, the list about personal names in bibliographic and authority records