I’m looking at H373 in Cataloger’s Desktop, and I don’t see any vertical lines.  What platform are you using to access the SHM?

David—

David Procházka | Music/Special Materials Cataloger | The University of Akron | Bierce Library 261C | Akron, Ohio  44325-1712 | 330-972-6260 |
[log in to unmask]https://works.bepress.com/david-prochazka/

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Beck Schaefer
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 10:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Lines in SHM

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of The University of Akron.

What do the vertical lines in the margins beside text in the Subject Headings Manuals mean?

The specific instruction I'm looking at is about adding a parenthetical qualifier after an abbreviation in a 4XX field (H373).

Thanks,

Beck Schaefer

Cataloguing Assistant

Osgoode Hall Law School Library