John is correct. Vertical lines indicate the most recent revisions.

Adam Schiff
University of Washington Libraries

________________________________
From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Hostage, John <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 7:37:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Lines in SHM

I donít see any lines when I access the SHM through Catalogerís Desktop.  However, there are a couple of vertical lines in the free PDF version of H 373 online.  In the past those lines have been used to indicate a section that has been revised in the latest version of a text.

John Hostage

Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger

Langdell Hall 194

Harvard Law School Library