For our serial records, I manually overlay the record we have in our consortial catalog when I see a change.

I do not check the 77x/78x fields … I simply figure that the newer record is going to be better than what we already have (because I have checked for other edits from our non-PCC partners, who do often have local notes that I think OCLC would benefit from.

I am not sure what the monograph folks do.

-          Hank

William C. (Hank) Young

Serials Coordinator

George A. Smathers Libraries