Hi Athena,

thanks for your email and question. As Michele mentioned, and due to
attachments not coming through via the list, it would be great if you could
explain a little bit more about what your current situation is, what it is
that you intend to do and where EAD3 comes into the picture as part of your
scenario.

From what I understand, I assume that:

   - You would want to map the descriptive fields in your self-developed
   cataglogue, which is based on ISAD(G), with EAD3 elements;
   the EAD3 tag library includes a crosswalk for this purpose, which might
   be of help in this:
   https://www.loc.gov/ead/EAD3taglib/EAD3.html#appendix-AppendixAEADCrosswalks
   - You would be looking for a tool that might help you in transforming
   this logical mapping into a technical script that can help you creating the
   appropriate data for ingestion;
   I've never used the following tool myself and it might have developed
   into something less flexible during the past years, but colleagues at the
   National Technincal University of Athens have created a visual mapping tool
   that might be worth checking out:
   https://github.com/mint-ntua/Mint-Athena
   - You would want to connect the digital objects (TIFFs and PDFs) in your
   digital repository with the descriptive metadata from your catalogue;
   if that's the case and you would only be looking at the aspect of
   linking the digital objects with the descriptions on item level, EAD3 can
   help you with that; if you, however, would want to describe the digital
   objects themselves, there might - as Michele has pointed out - be other,
   potentially better suited formats available.

Happy to chat in more detail :-)

Best wishes,
Kerstin

------
Kerstin Arnold (she/her/hers)
EAD team lead at Technical Subcommittee on Encoded Archival Standards

Technical Coordinator
Archives Portal Europe Foundation
https://www.archivesportaleurope.net/
https://www.archivesportaleuropefoundation.eu/

Follow us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/archivesportaleurope.net>,
Twitter <https://twitter.com/ArchivesPortal>, Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/archivesportaleurope/> or via our blog
<https://archivesportaleurope.blog/>
Find more on our code and use of standards on GitHub
<https://github.com/archivesportaleuropefoundation>