Hi Kerstin and Michele,

Thank you for your kind reply.

Apologize for the image didn't go with the email.  Let me explain more
about my situation and please give me some advices.

My archives have just installed the digital repository system and our
self-developed archival catalogue system do not synchronize to the digital
repository. Most of the digital objects in our archives have been
digitised from the analogue collection. They are mainly scanned text
documents in TIFF format with an associated access copy in PDF/A.  Some AV
collection have also been digitised too. We planned to ingest these
digital objects into our digital repository. As mentioned our archival
catalogue system has been developed based on ISAD(G) and also consider for
users to search with the finding aids, we think EAD seems more appropriate
to adopt and there are not much description for the digital object. We
suppose our digital object with their embedded technical metadata are good
enough. I am a bit confused now, do you mean I can adopt one more schema
at a time for the administrative and descriptive metadata?

Thanks for introducing the EAD3 tag library. I have been using this to map
with the fields in my catalogue system exported from our database in an
excel format. Since the data exported from my catalogue system say for an
item will also export both the series level and the deposit level. In
generating an XML from XLS (the exported excel file) may not be a good
way. I have also tried to use Archivespaces as a platform to export an XML
in EAD 3, however only around 70% would be able to map and can only be
exported in top level. This may not be a fast way to convert our data to
XML for batch ingestion too.  Do you have any advices?

Please refer to the link (
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hp8-vEB0QxBngKavI5RS72sg1sBndefx/view?usp=sharing
) that I would like to illustrate in my first email, are that we will
import the file structure as if the records as a series, deposit and item
with the respective XML files. With Kerstin mentioned in her email about
digital object only linking to item level, give me a second thought,
should I just ingest digital objects and the XML in item level rather than
illustrated in my diagram with several layers.

Between I will try to seek help from our IT colleagues to install the
programme and have a try.

With thanks,

Athena