Here’s the announcement of our virtual version of the National Poetry Program originally scheduled at the State Library of Louisiana today, now to be held as our finale of poetry month, hosted by our current Louisiana Poet Laureate, John Wagner Smith.  Please join us for the launch of this video version, or at your pleasure.

Jim

Jim Davis
Director of the Louisiana Center for the Book
State Library of Louisiana
701 North 4th Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802-5232
Phone: 225-342-9714 / Fax: 225-219-9840
Do not forward this message without permission.
If you have received this email in error you may not copy or disseminate this message in any manner.
Please notify the sender by return email that you received this transmission in error, and delete it from your computer.

please Like the post at https://www.facebook.com/LABookFestival/posts/3100264566671570​ - Jim]

[https://www.crt.state.la.us/Assets/press-releases/header/11.02.18%20State%20Library%20Release%20Header.png]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 22, 2020

LOUISIANA POETS GATHER VIRTUALLY FOR NATIONAL POETRY MONTH
Louisiana Center for the Book Presents Annual National Poetry Month Program

BATON ROUGE, La. – The Louisiana Center for the Book in the State Library of Louisiana will celebrate National Poetry Month with a virtual edition of “Just Listen to Yourself: Louisiana’s Poet Laureate Presents Louisiana Poets.” In its tenth year, Louisiana Poet Laureate John Warner Smith will host the program. Smith has invited six poets from across the state to read their work including Liz Adair, Katie Bickham, Kelly Harris, David Havird, Brad Richard, and Donney Rose.

“The richness of Louisiana poetry can give us solace during these challenging days,” said Lt. Governor Billy Nungesser. “I am so proud of the State Library of Louisiana for stepping up and creating this alternative way of presenting this annual program uninterrupted for a tenth year.”

“The State Library of Louisiana has worked tirelessly to continue its regular programming and support despite the challenges posed by the current pandemic. I am proud that we are able to offer this online presentation as a grand finale to Louisiana’s 2020 celebration of National Poetry Month,” said State Librarian Rebecca Hamilton. “Each year, I look forward to the opportunity to hear the varied voices of our Louisiana poets chosen by our poet laureate. This year, however, I am particularly proud to be able to provide the welcome and recognize these poets – each scheduled for the original live event – and all of our staff behind the scenes who have made this possible.”

The presentation will be recorded and available on YouTube<http://link.mediaoutreach.meltwater.com/ls/click?upn=fytVsuegXk1gpZY84JjWyf2WBWc-2BWNGMa9kYYVXK5omHKKdcAVvZH1oKaH9HXZENOZ3G-2F-2BtNumqWm527lgkiYHXfAB3UEZuYt4etv8Q7GAQ-3DeaYw_zjcK3KhgZq3-2FHHkvM-2BezTymNfkeeZuD7mw-2FEM2E1QjJuVNB0ZU327-2BkLwUBjvXK49wGRE6HRI7bsj86KOG4MsvzmFi7yHVd8weIp0R0mHt3ckdTGz1uFFtW5aoObeEDICaBIyZI2XrM1XtpyLkGvBPI3z65ML15kP2cWSmtxcl4iyLuIXPg81SwExCz0F4jJxjevXnBBfHMi1anvSvQey1-2B7qnuTsMRG7JyrSIwsbDwMmVPlMVwRRNn-2BTvM5-2Fxaa7oImkagIe5newcsS7GqvwT9nrOk326QRkrZXESd-2Bu3RFU8km2r-2Bb7sBsk2sxJwDCt-2BHhuTwnAnspZz0u1xddPC5oaUwPfKdYcehxv4-2Fogr3-2For3fLGGxkxfGGubZvbT1sTojDZAf7xXEPzO0VPCs67yGjIggwy929VdyvhDL2hI-3D> and Facebook<http://link.mediaoutreach.meltwater.com/ls/click?upn=fytVsuegXk1gpZY84JjWyTdtY-2BC7XjiP4k-2Bbfs1wnpx005qZx3En31q5WhfwBBrn1LbL2f2DXRIVvleKBLNo7w-3D-3DISXI_zjcK3KhgZq3-2FHHkvM-2BezTymNfkeeZuD7mw-2FEM2E1QjJuVNB0ZU327-2BkLwUBjvXK49wGRE6HRI7bsj86KOG4MsvzmFi7yHVd8weIp0R0mHt3ckdTGz1uFFtW5aoObeEDICaBIyZI2XrM1XtpyLkGvBPI3z65ML15kP2cWSmtxcl4iyLuIXPg81SwExCz0F4jJxjevXnBBfHMi1anvSvQey1MTmOfeSe0xC-2BE5yq2qjf7hcJXyrDPi-2BGDbSrNVlfSU0snj89YOIafpZ3ifBhK3wv-2BFnY9urnDVDWYAIA4gIJlI-2BytWm7X8xsiVrkvRcae-2Bdg2r8y9c4o1D74uFVGgEl-2By8l7-2FuFb6b9R01LdfM4iENTfD3LmSCSYFG8KaDkKu-2BjbQXGMhzzPMU2CXmJmp19hZk40aGsCpwuEgm1A0Gco0-3D> on Thursday, April 30, beginning at 12:00 p.m. For more information about the participating poets, visit the State Library of Louisiana website<http://link.mediaoutreach.meltwater.com/ls/click?upn=XYVVd1HZQ2ik0sJl8Eyo4AjRzJiyyXDptf4sE6FqoZWo9CI2KwmZY2EYUEqO0eRi7YUU_zjcK3KhgZq3-2FHHkvM-2BezTymNfkeeZuD7mw-2FEM2E1QjJuVNB0ZU327-2BkLwUBjvXK49wGRE6HRI7bsj86KOG4MsvzmFi7yHVd8weIp0R0mHt3ckdTGz1uFFtW5aoObeEDICaBIyZI2XrM1XtpyLkGvBPI3z65ML15kP2cWSmtxcl4iyLuIXPg81SwExCz0F4jJxjevXnBBfHMi1anvSvQey7tZbVZU5SHn6bnZsi9yewRN-2FPB96MJTct4zQRTVGNjLpl1zk5WrN7Xu4prQu3RlpNU-2BWKPGbJDHmUry1St88MO5yFUXkRg5VxLXzgSF07Ze1JzExzOjbLTalSu68yzQFIEDZfECoBRG0jmogMaB6zPKq9dAHtkaiiThd5BBSz5BnnQuRNliqd6akJNggxT-2BD1GDO64g1fTMgKmLpctBN-2B8-3D>.

Contact Information:

Rebecca Hamilton

State Library of Louisiana

225-342-4923

Julio Guichard

Office of the Lieutenant Governor

504-914-7416

--LouisianaTravel.com<http://link.mediaoutreach.meltwater.com/ls/click?upn=XYVVd1HZQ2ik0sJl8Eyo4AL0066KT61x0ndA3nf1Hf9dF4tddreK7DvPCEUuEnjg7cig_zjcK3KhgZq3-2FHHkvM-2BezTymNfkeeZuD7mw-2FEM2E1QjJuVNB0ZU327-2BkLwUBjvXK49wGRE6HRI7bsj86KOG4MsvzmFi7yHVd8weIp0R0mHt3ckdTGz1uFFtW5aoObeEDICaBIyZI2XrM1XtpyLkGvBPI3z65ML15kP2cWSmtxcl4iyLuIXPg81SwExCz0F4jJxjevXnBBfHMi1anvSvQeyxoxAY8zIqStCok59Dq6HfZ3UlmO1UlxaeB5VXz-2FSPjiUS5YB5UmSIZih6dOakEB29R8iA7iSIzPuuURyLqi-2Bzj6gNj2W2XkTEj-2FBWsigAWMaq3sO7L72PnYwXOJ0bsHNJy-2B7dklFA4FYCYTnq1QyEry3SSQqbprqD70lPAfDIDSnOLUfoBMcS-2Fpae-2BE9DA09aHH5SqCRI972ZlEB-2BxNkGI-3D>--