From: Center for the Book state centers communication <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Lizz Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2020 1:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Maine / skill shares info

EXTERNAL: Do not open attachments or click on links unless you recognize and trust the sender.
________________________________

It was so good to see and learn from everyone yesterday. It did my heart good.

Some of you asked about the skill shares we have been offering to our partners and facilitators in Maine. They are geared toward someone who wants to learn more about hosting and thinking about having discussions of a text (a poem, etc…) using zoom and google slides. The skills are also transferable toward other types of discussions. We offer them to 15 people at a time, and they are about 90 minutes.

We connected with some folks who use this platform a lot and have found ways to make zoom discussions more grounded, interactive, and warmer than I, at least, thought they could be. People very proficient w/ managing zoom meetings may get less out of this, but may still learn some things if unfamiliar with incorporating interactivity via google slides and starting meetings w/ a way to ground people. I could demonstrate grounding activity and check in for the start of a future meeting if folks would like that.

Please contact me directly<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:[log in to unmask];!!Oai6dtTQULp8Sw!E39Nzg4OAHq_iW8AnApHtYJlOf50h-U9R9sbDtp0Z5l5jaK3abXdfYRySNcci1HZOxGFPg$> if you are interested in learning any more about the skill shares, or if you would like to attend one. They fill fast, but I am pretty we sure could open up some spots for colleagues who think this would help them meet their Center’s programming needs/goals. We are offering them on Thursday afternoons throughout May, 1-2:30.

Take good care, everyone! Keep being awesome!

Lizz

Lizz Sinclair

Director of Programs

Maine Humanities Council / Maine Center for the Book

674 Brighton Avenue

Portland, Maine 04102

(207) 773-5051 ext. 206

www.mainehumanities.org<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mainehumanities.org__;!!Oai6dtTQULp8Sw!E39Nzg4OAHq_iW8AnApHtYJlOf50h-U9R9sbDtp0Z5l5jaK3abXdfYRySNcci1HVpRh_aA$>

she/her/hers

Maine communities transformed by the power & pleasure of ideas