Thank you for this information.

My use of the term merge was incorrect. I was basing my question on this statement in the 2018 thread "Library and Archives Canada (LAC) and NACO":

LAC will be contributing all new English language authorities to NACO and plans to gradually incorporate pre-existing authorities into the NACO file, or enhance NACO authorities with additional information (notes, cross-references, etc.) from the Canadiana file.  This is anticipated to be an ongoing, long-term activity.

In the past, we imported a number of authority records from the Canadiana file. We have been able to replace all but two of them with NAF records that were contributed by LAC. I did not want to duplicate any records that might be in process at LAC. Since this would not the case, I will contribute records for these authors myself.

Diana Slaughter
Law Library
The University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI  48109-1210