Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to participate via webinar in a free Department of the Interior Library Training Session entitled "Topical Research on Westlaw - Native American Law," on Wednesday, June 24th from 10:00 to 11:00 ET, part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

This class builds upon and expands legal research skills using Westlaw to delve into Native American law content. The focus will be finding case law, statutes, regulations, and administrative documents, as well as secondary sources, specific to the Native American Law area of practice. Exploring the variety of ways Native American Law research can be performed using Westlaw, the breadth and depth of these materials will be highlighted, along with a review of the best techniques to effectively and efficiently conduct searches using those materials. Included will be an explanation of the power of Westlaw’s legal search engine, WestSearch, to return the most relevant results, and the importance of KeyCite in verifying the status of documents on Westlaw.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that this class will only be offered via online WebEx webinar.  Please go to the following link to request registration and webinar access information:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=urWTBhhLe02TQfMvQApUlFEdn8G3vZVKlnYWFjYkWjhURE5XNEZXMlo1SktQV0VRRk85NkdPOTlKSi4u

If the link above does not work at your location, you may also request registration information by using our contact form at https://www.doi.gov/library/interior-library-contact-form.

Continuing Legal Education credit is available for Interior Department Solicitor's Office attorneys attending this class.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-725-5086 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can join us virtually on June 24th!

George

George Franchois

Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (202) 208-3796