After careful consideration, FAFLIG will not be merging with GODORT and MAGIRT. Instead, on September 1, 2020, our interest group will be transferred to RUSA (Reference and User Services Association). We will remain the same group, just in a different place administratively.
How this affects FAFLIG members: Minimally. There is nothing you need to do during this transition. Our current parent division, ASGCLA, will merge into RUSA on September 1 as well, so your membership will transfer automatically. If you are due to renew your ALA membership prior to September, please renew with ASGCLA rather than RUSA; ALA will move your membership over in September. When renewing after the move to RUSA, annual dues will be $2 higher per year than ASGCLA's have been-but there is no charge for joining as many RUSA sections and interest groups as you like.

Next steps: We will discuss further during our 2020 ALA Conference Virtual Meeting; please watch for the meeting connection information we will send shortly. We will also hold our next membership meeting in July, date and time to be determined. Please bring any questions, concerns, or ideas you may have about our upcoming move.

This message is not an official communication from the Library of Congress.