Apologies for cross-posting...
LAC Group is seeking a Metadata Specialist to provide expert analysis and recommendation for a prestigious federal agency in the Washington, D.C. area. The Specialist will work closely with federal agency staff to analyze, update, enhance, extend, and maintain library metadata standards. This is a remote position that can be performed from anywhere in the US, with flexible hours, up to 40 hours per week.Responsibilities:
- Analyze complex metadata schema to determine need for updating, correcting, and enhancing the existing schema
- Develop and text new versions and/or extensions enhancing the schema
- Recommend revisions and updates to controlled vocabularies
- Draft updates and revisions to guidelines and best practices
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, information science, mathematics, or related field
- In-depth knowledge of MODS, MADS, METS, BIBFRAME, and PREMIS standards
- Expert understanding of XML and RDF as they can be applied to those standards
- Special knowledge of the needs of the metadata communities.
- Track record of successfully troubleshooting and solving novel issues in data integration
L • A • C G R O U P
The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender.