I’m Heather Kiger, your new contact person for sharing news, opportunities, and updates with the ALA Federal and Armed Forces Libraries Interest Group. I have been a cataloging librarian at the Library of Congress since 2018, and prior to that held archives and library internships with the National Park Service, along with two community college librarianship positions.

As our parent division in ALA, ASGCLA, will be disbanding (https://www.asgcladirect.org/2020/05/asgcla-transitions-2020/), our group has changes ahead. The additional challenges related to the Coronavirus pandemic this year go without saying. Staying connected through our group’s communication channels will help us move forward as a cohesive body of professionals, whatever lies ahead.

As such, and as always, we want to hear from you! Are there any writings, webinars, etc. relevant to our group you can recommend? How have you and your library shifted to serving your constituents virtually? How are you planning and adapting procedures as we move toward/through the phases of reopening? Any milestones or job openings in your workplace? Have you published anything recently? Have an idea for a future article or program we might offer? Please send it all to me at [log in to unmask] so I can share with the FAFLIG community.

Stay tuned for an update next week regarding an upcoming special membership meeting to discuss our plans.