Good morning Team:

I just wanted to write to encourage each Center for the Book network across the nation to please send a representative to attend our two Idea Exchange dates on June 15 and June 17, from 2:00-4:00 pm EST. The Zoom information has already been sent out and we really hope to "see" many of you. Especially if your Center has never attended the Idea Exchange in the past, we really want to meet you and have you participate in our discussions.

I'm supposed to provide an update regarding our "Great Reads from Great Places" initiative. For those of you who are new to the discussion, each year every Center for the Book chooses a book to highlight at the National Book Festival. Traditionally the book has ties to your state, territory, or district and is suitable for youth. Even though the 2020 National Book Festival will not be the same as years past, we are still planning on highlighting one book from each state. Please be sure to fill out this spreadsheet informing the Library of Congress of your book choice:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15UlXd307xPObOqJObJWgv8Oz45G6Cz0Bcy-BMT0svNI/edit#gid=0

Once you have determined your book of choice, each Center is encouraged to highlight the book online in some way that can be linked to the Library of Congress's website. We'll talk more about this at the Exchange.

Really hope to "see" many of you later this month!

Suzanne Walker
Indiana Young Readers Center Librarian
Director - Indiana Center for the Book
Indiana State Library