From: Sarah Ostman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 11:36 AM
Subject: [pubprgms] Tell us about your virtual library programs!

ALA’s Public Programs Office is compiling a collection of virtual library
programs to share in an forthcoming book from ALA Editions.

*What virtual program has worked well at your library? Please tell us about
it in this **brief survey <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PPOVirtual> **by
Friday, July 3!*
*>>> TAKE THE SURVEY (ESTIMATED COMPLETION TIME: 10 MINUTES)
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PPOVirtual><<<*

With COVID-19, many libraries were thrown into uncharted terrain when it
came to programming. And so — as libraries do — they quickly innovated,
coming up with a vast array of virtual programs in a short time. Some were
twists on old favorites while others were brand new concepts.

A few important notes:

   - All library types are welcome!
   - We would love to hear about multiple virtual programs held at your
   library, but *please fill out a separate **survey
   <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PPOVirtual> **for each program.*
   - Virtual programs held at any time are acceptable; we are not
   restricting submissions to those offered during the pandemic.
   - If your program is featured in our book, you will be acknowledged in
   the publication.

Looking for some examples of virtual library programs? Here are a few from
our website:

   - *Virtual [Spanish/French] Conversation Hour*
   <https://programminglibrarian.org/programs/virtual-spanishfrench-conversation-hour>
   - *The Great Brookie Bake-Off (Online)*
   <https://programminglibrarian.org/programs/great-brookie-bake-online>
   - *Virtual Literary Legos*
   <https://programminglibrarian.org/programs/virtual-literary-legos>
   - *Dream Careers: Virus Hunter*
   <https://programminglibrarian.org/programs/dream-careers-virus-hunter>
   - *Virtual Art Show*
   <https://programminglibrarian.org/programs/virtual-art-show>
   - *Virtual Beer Tasting*
   <https://programminglibrarian.org/programs/virtual-beer-tasting>
   - *Quaranzine (A Quarantine Zine)*
   <https://programminglibrarian.org/programs/quaranzine-quarantine-zine>

Questions? Email me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you!!

_____________

Sarah Ostman

Communications Manager

American Library Association
Public Programs Office

312-280-5061

*Effective once it’s safe to move, ALA’s new address will be:  *

American Library Association

225 N Michigan Ave

Suite 1300

Chicago, IL 60601