A couple of thoughts --

Re: calendar

It's going to be true for many of us that summer is not high-season for events ... but we are certainly aware of the many events going on ...  If you want to let each center curate some of the free local virtual events happening on our home turf, I think we can populate well.  Would that work for you to have events sponsored and/or recommended by affiliated centers?  If we agreed they had to open and free to all comers?

Also ... what would you think about creating a year of literary birthdays?  We wouldn't want to overwhelm the events page with all from all of us, but if we used the calendar I set up to accompany the [log in to unmask] address (attached to our shared google drive) to compile as many as we have, then we could select from there and key up a literary birthday for each day of a calendar year ... or at least come close to that goal ... In that way there would always be something to access.

Here's a link to a google calendar of literary birthdays we are slowly compiling at MCB.  You can see that the entry is pretty short and sweet:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=m4sde3946hjmir910iuujljhn8%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FNew_York

Re: on-demand resources

Separate from events, many of us are creating on demand libraries of programming as another avenue in virtual land.  I don't think we can or should mix up live events with on-demand programs,   but there may be value in compiling permanent online resources so as to see if they merit another page, perhaps linked from the events page, so that access to them is promoted?

/Sharon

*********
Sharon Shaloo, Executive Director
Mass Center for the Book