From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Alwill Westcott <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 4:53:37 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: NACO ISNI, VIAF in 024

[log in to unmask]" class="x_GroupWiseMessageBody">
Hi all

Sorry I deleted the response to this and I've just had a query from our library's management regarding ISNI and its use in records. What is the official position on this?

Thanks
Alwill

Alwill Westcott
SANB
National Library of South Africa
228  Johannes Ramokhoase Street|Pretoria | 0001 |South Africa
Tel: 012 401 9769

>>> Richard Guinn <[log in to unmask]> 06/05/20 6:33 PM >>>

Hello all

deepest apologies for being behind the curve on this - but are we now allowed to put ISNI or VIAF into the 024 of name authority records?

There was a moratorium on adding these and I heard that a decision on adding the 024 fields was to be made at the 2019 ALA Midwinter.   However, I haven't heard anything.

I did a quick search for the PCC Task Group on Identity Management in NACO group - but didn't find anything that addresses this.

Thanks for any feedback

Richard

Richard Lee Guinn

Cataloging Librarian

SMRLA​

Visit the NLSA website at www.nlsa.ac.za

Access the NLSA's latest Budget Speech/Strategic Plan and Annual Report:http://www.nlsa.ac.za/?page_id=191

Visit the NLSA's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/NationalLibraryofSA

NLSA's Reading room and Reference room are Wi-Fi enabled