Hi all

Sorry I deleted the response to this and I've just had a query from our
library's management regarding ISNI and its use in records. What is the
official position on this?

Thanks
Alwill

Alwill Westcott
SANB
National Library of South Africa
228  Johannes Ramokhoase Street|Pretoria | 0001 |South Africa
Tel: 012 401 9769
Email address: [log in to unmask] | www.nlsa.ac.za

>>> Richard Guinn <[log in to unmask]> 06/05/20 6:33 PM >>>
 Hello all

 deepest apologies for being behind the curve on this - but are we now
allowed to put ISNI or VIAF into the 024 of name authority  records?

 There was a moratorium on adding these and I heard that a decision on
adding the 024 fields was to be made at the 2019 ALA  Midwinter.
However, I haven't heard anything.

 I did a quick search for the PCC Task Group on Identity Management in
NACO group - but didn't find anything that addresses  this.

 Thanks for any feedback

 Richard

 Richard Lee Guinn
 Cataloging Librarian
 SMRLA​

Disclaimer:

The information in this e-mail is confidential and is legally
privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If
you are not the
taken or omitted in
reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Whilst all reasonable
steps are taken to
ensure the accuracy and integrity of information and data transmitted
electronically and to
preserve the confidentiality thereof, no liability or responsibility
whatsoever is accepted if
information or data is, for whatever reason, corrupted or does not reach
its intended
destination. If any view or opinion is expressed in this e-mail, such
views or opinions are
those of the sender unless it is clearly stated that it is that of the
National Library of South
Africa.

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL.