SHM H 2220 says “For works about translations assign the further subdivision – History and criticism or other subdivision as appropriate.”  That implies that if –Translations into [language] is not followed by any subdivision, then it is a form subdivision (subfield $v).

That would mean that the simple subdivision $x Translations into French [German, etc.] in the original question should not happen.

John Hostage

Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger

Langdell Hall 194

Harvard Law School Library