Team sports also fit into this same issue. (Baseball stories, Soccer stories, etc.)

However, individual sports tend to be different, although some also have the “stories” headings. And eSports (leaving aside the question of whether something done while stationary can be a sport) also would take a fiction form subdivision. (Chess, which seems to me more analogous to eSports than track or wrestling, also does not have one of these “stories” headings.)

I believe this is one of the relics of the past that we just have to live with.

Preston Salisbury

Assistant Professor and Monographic Cataloger

Mississippi State University

662.325.4618