From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cronquist, Michelle J
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 2:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] "Christmas stories" and similar subject headings

These types of records drive me crazy!  Often I would like to use a subject heading like Lawyers--Fiction, but the authority record causes it to flip to Legal stories (which is not necessarily appropriate for the work I'm cataloging).  Now that we have LCGFT, I wonder if it should be proposed to have these 450s removed.  Then we could use Lawyers--Fiction, Christmas--Fiction, or Hunting--Fiction if we want to, and additionally apply the LCGFT term when appropriate.

Michelle

---

Michelle Cronquist

Special Collections Cataloger