I am happy to report that the problem has been corrected.  LCCNs will now be assigned correctly for NACO records using OCLC Connexion and Record Manager.  Please feel free to resume creation of new NACO records.

We will be working over the next week to correct the records created yesterday that were affected by this issue.

Sincerely,

Cynthia

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Whitacre,Cynthia
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 8:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Request to temporarily refrain from creating NACO records through OCLC

Good evening:

Some NACO records created through the OCLC node are being assigned a previously assigned LCCN. While we work to correct this, we ask that members temporarily refrain from creating new NACO records either in Connexion or Record Manager. Our development team is working to correct the duplicate assignment. Once this is complete, we will update the affected records.

Note, this does not affect editing and updating existing NACO records, and you may still begin the creation of a new record, saving it in your local or online save file. We will continue to keep you updated on the situation and thank you for your patience.

Cynthia M. Whitacre

Senior Metadata Operations Manager

OCLC, Inc.

6565 Kilgour Place