From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Hostage, John
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2020 2:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Question on subject subdivision $x Translations into French, [German, etc .] $$x History and criticism

SHM H 2220 says "For works about translations assign the further subdivision - History and criticism or other subdivision as appropriate."  That implies that if -Translations into [language] is not followed by any subdivision, then it is a form subdivision (subfield $v).

That would mean that the simple subdivision $x Translations into French [German, etc.] in the original question should not happen.

John Hostage
Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger
Langdell Hall 194
Harvard Law School Library