Thanks, Ellen,

It makes sense to always use 2 right from the start. Thanks for the clarification.

- Alexis

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 11:40 AM Mcgrath, Ellen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Alexis,

We always use the code 2 right from the start when cataloging resources such as print loose-leafs and online websites. These are resources that we know from experience may change its title over time, without leaving an iteration with its previous title behind.

In other words, the older iteration disappears into the new iteration created by filing into the loose-leaf or updating the website.

I hope this makes sense. If not, please ask further questions!

Ellen

Ellen McGrath                                          E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Continuing Resources Cataloger      Phone: (716) 645-2254

University Libraries                                Fax: (716) 645-3860

University at Buffalo

State University of New York

Buffalo, New York 14260

Took my kitten to the beach. (With images) | Food animals, Animals ...