I personally would not change the existing 400, even though it appears to
be wrong. I would consider adding a 2nd 400 with the correct spelling for
the variant title you have.

Alternatively, since the NAR was created by LC, you could ask them to
investigate further.

Kathy

Kathy Glennan
Head, Original & Special Collections Cataloging / NACO Coordinator
University of Maryland Libraries