From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Sally Dumont <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 11:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: NAR needing revision with an existing 024

Hello all,

I understand there was recent announcement that only participants in the PCC URIs in MARC Project can add 024s to authority records and the moratorium on adding 024s remains for the rest of us.

(Thank you Adam Schiff for your presentation.)

However, I've come across a NAR --with an existing 024 tag-- that needs to be revised and I'm not sure what to do in this situation. Would someone on this list with 024/URI privileges like to take over revising this NAR or do I make the necessary revisions and leave the 024 alone to be updated later?

The NAR in question is for musician/producer/actor...O’Connell, Finneas, 1997-

no2019152593 https://lccn.loc.gov/no2019152593

My hunch is that this individual has two identities; he appears to use this full name in this NAR for his role as an actor-- and he uses Finneas (*stylized as FINNEAS) for his musical works. The LP vinyl that I am cataloging says "All songs written, produced and performed by FINNEAS."

And here is a link to his musical releases (mosly MP3s & singles) and you can see the usage is clearly "FINNEAS".

 www.discogs.com/artist/5324432-FINNEAS<https://www.discogs.com/artist/5324432-FINNEAS>

I would be happy to take on a revision/update like this, but the existing 024 link NAR gives me pause.  Would someone here on this listserve be willing to do this update/revision for me?

Please feel free to contact me off list if you need further information and thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Sally DuMont

Catalog Librarian at The Public Library of Cincinnati & Hamilton County