Good morning,

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on the most recent Letter to the
Editor published in the newsletter. And thank you, Corey, for starting the
conversation.

Some background: The Editor did share the letter with the ARSC board prior
to publication. While I and others on the board do not agree with the
contents of the letter, it is important to the integrity of the
organization to allow our members to express themselves without censorship.
We support the decision to publish the letter as an opinion piece in the
newsletter. There were no other Letter to the Editor submissions at the
time of publication.

The Board has made its position known on the issues brought up in the
letter through its statement opposing racism and police brutality (
http://www.arsc-audio.org/pdf/ARSC_Statement_Opposing_Racism.pdf) and its
support of the DEI Committee in drafting the Code of Conduct currently
under member review. If you are not familiar with these documents, I
strongly encourage you to read them (the Code of Conduct draft is only
available to members while in the review stage).

I am glad to see others sharing their thoughts and views here and I would
also encourage you to do so through giving feedback on the Code of Conduct (
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdTEK30QfzupbwcLpVk2eDykmaFBjeclI_nJAH9lIrXlMNURg/viewform)
and/or writing your own Letter to the Editor for consideration. You are
also welcome to reach out to me directly off-list if you do not feel
comfortable sharing your thoughts in a public forum.

Thank you,
Rebecca Chandler
*ARSC President*