This is not about ISP's & most likely off topic, however for those of
you with websites, here is something that I learned:

The problem started when I was not receiving emails that I knew had been
replied to. The 'no replies' list, as it grew, included some very astute
institutions, many universities & the LOC, just to name a few. Repeated
inquiries to the hosting company generated variations of the same
unacceptable answer: "There's nothing we can do." After some poking
around, I learned that many of the hosting companies are under one
umbrella, owned by one company & they are not willing to divulge that
fact. As many as 50+ hosting companies are on the same server with a
firewalled front end that distributes data to them all (a hosting mall,
of sorts). Well, that firewall turned out to be the culprit & that was
the reason that my hosting company could do nothing about my email
problem. My answer to the problem was to go shopping for a hosting
company that owned their own servers & would give me full control over
the data that was addressed to me. In fact, those two requirements
became two of the qualifying questions that I asked. In the process, I
was surprised to learn that many, many hosting companies are pawns in
this type of game. This narrowed the field considerably but, eventually
I picked a hosting company. So now, I make my own stupid mistakes.  :-)

Cheers!

Corey

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering
www.baileyzone.net