Thank you, John!  I didn’t read that line closely enough.

We might still need a change in policy if we wanted to allow pseudonymous places in the U.S., Australia, Canada, Great Britain, or New Zealand.  But I agree that this name fits into current policy.

                                                                                Steve McDonald

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Hostage, John
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 12:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] pseudonymous geographic name heading

Actually, for places not in the U.S., Australia, Canada, Great Britain, or New Zealand, the PS says “base the preferred name on the form found in the resource being cataloged together with a consideration of the form found on the GEOnet Names Server (GNS).”  So the record for Kalikaha follows the policy.

John Hostage
Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger
Langdell Hall 194
Harvard Law School Library