From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Shorten, Jay
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 5:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Creating names from archival resources

Are there any special procedures for creating a name from an archival source? It's not practical for me to examine the items. What can I cite as the 670? Example: OCLC #187949614 for "Alumbaugh, Orvel". Will
670 Finding aid: $b (Orvel Alumbaugh)
be sufficient?

Jay Shorten
Cataloger, Monographs and Electronic Resources
Associate Professor of Bibliography
Description & Access Department
University Libraries
University of Oklahoma
Co-ordinator, Oklahoma (Tornado) NACO Funnel
Co-owner, PERSNAME-L, the list about personal names in bibliographic and authority records