I had a question today that I don't recall being addressed in NACO training and that doesn't fall into RDA category that I'm aware of. I was asked by one of our catalogers to create an authority record for the editor of a book, but I wasn't able to find any information that corroborated the biographical description on the piece. As described there, this individual appears to be highly accomplished in their field in terms of publications, research, and service, but I couldn't find any trace of publications in discipline-specific databases, Scopus, etc., or any indication of a thesis at the institution specified in the biography. So I'm suspicious that this person is really who the biography says they are and am hesitant to establish this identity based on the available information. I'm still pretty new to contributing to authority records, so I'm really curious as to how more experienced catalogers would approach a situation like this.

Seth Huber
Technical Services Librarian/Head of Cataloging
University of Missouri-Columbia
573-884-4648