I agree with this approach and it is the one I have used on rare occasion in my own cataloging. It is kind of necessary to do it this way so that from a machine-actionable standpoint it can link specific codes to the term it is meant to go with.

Paige
________________________________
From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Monaco, Michael J <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 12:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Use of 347 $b

OCLC Bib formats says to prefer a separate field for each unique term. The examples don�t cover your situation (with two terms not in any particular thesaurus) but since they specify �term� rather than vocabulary, I think OCLC is preferring

347 ## $bPDF

347 ## $bEPUB

rather than one 347 with two 347s.

Mike Monaco (he/him)