It's probably more complicated than A to B to A.  The official language of the university may have been Catalan or Catalan+Spanish for a while in the 1930s (maybe 1933 to 1939, from what I see in Catalan Wikipedia?), but in the 19th century it was certainly Spanish, not Catalan, and earlier than that it may have been Latin.  So that would give you C to B to A to B to A.  How far do we follow this logic?

Robert Rendall

Principal Serials Cataloger

Original and Special Materials Cataloging, Columbia University Libraries

102 Butler Library, 535 West 114th Street, New York, NY 10027

tel.: 212 851 2449  fax: 212 854 5167

C.V. Starr East Asian Library, Columbia University Libraries

307 Kent Hall, 1140 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10027

tel.: 212 854 2579  fax: 212 662 6286

e-mail: [log in to unmask]