I'm hoping someone here might be able to provide more information on Bob Kumm, who did a Fats Waller discography for Storyville magazine (UK), and is cited in an end note in Bruce Epperson's More Important Than the Music.

I've found a long recorded message about Fats Waller, Gene Austin, and other artists from Bob Kumm among recordings that belonged to a Houston-based collector (Rhodes S. Baker), and it would be great to find out more biographical information about him. I've been able to pin down that Kumm was based in Staten Island.

On the recording, which was made between 1965 and 1968, he also talks about an informal network of sharing recordings, of which Baker was apparently a part. So I'd also be interested to see if the name Rhodes Baker (nicknamed "Bake") rings a bell from anyone's collection as well. Any information is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Maristella Feustle