From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stephen Hearn
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 12:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Open-ended cross-references

The authorities indicate that Jean, de Meun's work is a continuation of Guillaume, de Lorris' Roman de la Rose. There is an authority for "Jean, ... $t Roman de la Rose. $n Verses 4059-7230". If the Molinet work is related to these two earlier works, Guillaume's and Jean's, then the error is in the authority for Molinet's work. Its 500 should be for the full established title for Jean's extension of Guillaume's work, not just for "Jean, ... $t Roman de la Rose".

Stephen