Hi Murk

Cancellation:  That's an interesting twist, but I think that in the final
wash it's irrelevant.  The congress name is a legitimate, non-fictional
access point presented on the published material.  The cancellation is
important still, and should be noted in the 670.

Individual meeting record or general record:  My understanding is that the
split between the two groups of records is one of seriality: congresses
that are treated as serials are usually established under general
authorities, while those cataloged as monographs receive individual
authorities with numbers, dates, and places teased out where possible.

Subfields:  111 2\ [meeting name]. $n ([number] : $d [date] : $c [place] :
$g  [miscellaneous note])

$g is where one would note the cancellation.  The text supplied in MARC 21
Format for Authorities under X11 is "Projected, not held," but so long as
the information is concise and correctly and succinctly conveys the
information you should be golden.

My two cents.

Bob

--
Bob Talbott

Hebraica cataloger

UC Berkeley

250 Moffitt

Berkeley, CA 94720

If they're too small for court, they're probably shorts.
If they're long and advanced, you're looking at pants