I think I know. Now.

In addition to changing the way records need to be requested from LC, LC also changed the format of those records. But I believe that LC also has a cache of records that exists to speed up requests, and records in that cache used the old format. That explains why the terms I was using for testing were all successful—they were in the cache; why some fields had inconsistent results (one heading verified, one failed); and other records were complete failures. The complete failures were for things not in the cache, which came through in the unexpected new format.

I have made allowance for the new format in my code, and I have then had success with all of the examples people have sent me.

So I need to find a USB drive (long story) and then I can make a new installer.

Gary L. Strawn

Northwestern University Libraries

Northwestern University

1970 Campus Drive, Evanston IL 60208-2300

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

office: 847/467-7240

storage facility: 847/467-4619

authority toolkit documentation: http://bit.ly/1Hl1jST