From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Robert M. TALBOTT <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 11:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: NAR for a cancelled meeting?

I think Adam raises a valid point for not including the $g in the AAP, but I'd be inclined to include it despite the launca in the instructions regarding miscellaneous information in access points.  While inessential for identification, one does have to admit that having a prominent indicator of cancelation in the AAP is a helpful thing for the end user.

I'd be willing to bet that one of the reasons why the inclusion of information like this is not covered by the instructions is because up until 2020, the likelihood of papers for a cancelled congress getting published as a group under the name of that conference rarely happened.  Most conferences are shifting to some online platform, but it's a possibility that some may opt for publishing the papers while cancelling the actual face-to-face element.  Perhaps this is something worth exploring and perhaps explicitly mentioning in the Tool Kit.

Bob in California