Note also that family names now appear in both LCNAF and LCSH. When
established in LCSH following SHM H 1631, they are treated at a fairly
general level, embracing multiple spellings of the family name. When
established in LCNAF following RDA, they usually refer to a particular
branch of a family associated with a resource like a family history, Both
systems' AAPs for family names can be used as subjects in MARC bib records.

A question for Steve McDondald: does the FAST automated process generate a
FAST authority for every LCNAF authority with 008/15=a, or only for those
that have appeared in 6XXs in WorldCat?

Stephen

--
Stephen Hearn, Metadata Strategist