Thanks, Bob, this is a really helpful analysis. Looking again in OCLC I find that there are three English language-of-cataloging records which use "Hyŏndae Group" as the lead name in a 710 for three subordinate units, which adds to the evidence that the group should be established in LCNAF. (None of the subordinate units appear to be established subordinately or directly in LCNAF.)

The LCNAF already has its authority for "Hyundai Group." LC-NACO practice is not to change an existing heading, which would mean that the LCSH heading "Hyŏndae Group" will become a 410, unless there is reason to question the correctness of "Hyundai Group". In this case there may be--the South Korea-based corporate entities are generally established in the LCNAF with "Hyŏndae ..." as the lead term in the AAP, while related bodies elsewhere are entered under "Hyundai ...". But is "Hyŏndae Group" an appropriate transliterated name? The Korean, Japanese, and Taiwan conglomerates established in LCSH all end in "Group" suggesting it's an English term of art in this case, not part of a transliterated name.

If we're dealing with an international corporate body, RDA 11.2.2.5.3 and its associated LC-PCC PS would favor "Hyundai Group" for the LCNAF. Is it safe to assume that "Hyundai Group / Hyŏndae Group" is an international corporate body? We're way outside my comfort zone on this.

One other thought--though I can't add "550 Conglomerate corporations $z Korea (South)" to the LCNAF authority, I can add "368 $a Conglomerate corporations $2 lcsh" and
"370 $c Korea (South) $2 naf".

Thanks,

Stephen