 Related to RX 8...are there any opinions of the new feature to deal with pitch fluctuations and how it might be relative to capstan? I am concerned about music passages with vibrato.
Karl
    On Sunday, September 13, 2020, 08:12:13 PM CDT, Tim Gillett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Hi Charles, Have you tried the suggestions around summing to mono? It
can work quite well, with few or no artifacts.

Tim.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List"
To:<[log in to unmask]>
Sent:Sun, 13 Sep 2020 17:25:30 -0700
Subject:Re: [ARSCLIST] Izotope RX8; recordings of FM broadcasts with
multipath distortion

 Richard and Lou,

 Thank you very much for the ideas.  You've given me back some hope
for
 these tapes. I was using RX7 spectral de-noise, but it was leaving
too
 much residual noise, and I couldn't push it further without losing
 content and creating artifacts.  It seems I need to be a bit more
 adventuresome in my experimentation.

 I have RX7 advanced, so the upgrade cost to 8 advanced is not too
terrible

 Will let you know if I am successful using what you have suggested.

 chuck

 find some non-destructive ways of

 --
 Charles Reinsch