From: "Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List"
To:<[log in to unmask]>
Sent:Mon, 14 Sep 2020 12:32:21 -0400
Subject:Re: [ARSCLIST] Izotope RX8; recordings of FM broadcasts with
multipath distortion

 Hi, Karl,

 You are correct that it works based on using the music itself as a
 reference. It has complex algorithms that attempt to minimize the
 reduction of vibrato as it stands. I'd love to have a relatively
short
 segment or three of music to try it on.

 The challenge for me is much of the worst wow and flutter I come
across
 is on spoken word recordings and neither RX8 or Capstan can function
 well with those as I understand it. Neither of those programs do what

 Plangent can do.

 Cheers,

 Richard

 On 2020-09-14 12:05 p.m., Karl Miller wrote:
 > Related to RX 8...are there any opinions of the new feature to deal
with pitch fluctuations and how it might be relative to capstan? I am
concerned about music passages with vibrato.
 > Karl
 > On Sunday, September 13, 2020, 08:12:13 PM CDT, Tim Gillett
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 > Hi Charles, Have you tried the suggestions around summing to mono?
It
 > can work quite well, with few or no artifacts.
 >
 > Tim.

Mono-ing

 --
 Richard L. Hess email: [log in to unmask]
 Aurora, Ontario, Canada 647 479 2800

Email sent using Optus Webmail