Russ,

     I am not sure there is any Navy instruction or DOD instruction on the
issue.   Our library houses a branch of the National Archives and there are
regulations about storing items produced by the National Archives that
address temperature and humidity.   Of course this does not mean USNA
Public Works follows those regulations.  But then again, our HVAC system
was designed in 1970 and installed in 1973 before energy conservation was a
consideration and we have many issues with that aging infrastructure at
this time.

L. Clemens

--
*Lawrence E. Clemens*

Dean for Information Services and Director of Nimitz Library

U.S. Naval Academy

589 McNair Rd.

Annapolis, MD 21402-5029

410-293-6902