From: Federal Librarians Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Larry Clemens
Sent: Friday, September 4, 2020 9:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] [FEDLIB] Building Authority records

All active links contained in this email were disabled. Please verify the
identity of the sender, and confirm the authenticity of all links contained
within the message prior to copying and pasting the address to a Web browser.

________________________________

Colleagues,

Where can we find lineage information for Construction Battalions and Navy
shore commands. For example, is there an official lineage history of the Navy
Experimental Diving Unit or Navy Installations Command?  FYI we are building
some local authority and Library of congress authority records.

I have some vague recollection that DTIC was looking into this issue in the
1980's (yes, I know that was a long time ago!).

FYI,  the Naval Academy is operational during the pandemic and the Nimitz
Library is open.  Midshipmen are frequently tested and live in a bubble at
USNA.  We don't have enough housing in Mother B (Bancroft Hall) for the
brigade in this pandemic environment - so we lease the dorms at the St. John's
College campus in Annapolis the semester.  Third week of operations - so far
so good.

L. Clemens

--

Lawrence E. Clemens

Dean for Information Services and Director of Nimitz Library

U.S. Naval Academy

589 McNair Rd.

Annapolis, MD 21402-5029

410-293-6902