We are working options to address this in an upcoming NASA Library Policy.  Here are some additional references that you may want to consider.

https://www.loc.gov/preservation/care/books.html

https://www.loc.gov/preservation/care/paper.html

https://www.loc.gov/preservation/digital/#locshare/share

From: Federal Librarians Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Girsberger, Russ D CIV USN CENSERVSUPP (USA)
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 5:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [FEDLIB] Temperature / Humidity guidelines for federal libraries

Good morning, everyone,

We are having difficulty convincing our base facilities people that high humidity is bad for libraries.

Our temps and humidity are barely below the allowable limits for buildings on our base, so they are not concerned about long-term issues from these levels.

Is there a federal directive or other guidance that your libraries use that shows allowable levels for humans are not necessarily good for paper?

Thank you very much for your advice.

Russ

Russ Girsberger

Naval School of Music Library

1420 Gator Blvd.

Virginia Beach, VA 23459-2617

phone: 757-462-5734

fax: 757-462-7294

DSN 253-5734

**********Privacy Act - 1974 as amended applies. WARNING:  This is an official Department of Defense communication. Some emails may be encrypted and require CAC certification to view.  Emails, or their attachments, containing personally identifiable information are "For Official Use Only" (FOUO) - Privacy Sensitive - Any misuse or unauthorized disclosure can result in both civil and criminal penalties.  This document is intended only for the use of the party to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure under applicable law.