Russ,

     I am not sure there is any Navy instruction or DOD instruction on the issue.   Our library houses a branch of the National Archives and there are regulations about storing items produced by the National Archives that address temperature and humidity.   Of course this does not mean USNA Public Works follows those regulations.  But then again, our HVAC system was designed in 1970 and installed in 1973 before energy conservation was a consideration and we have many issues with that aging infrastructure at this time.

L. Clemens